Xavier M., Glendora, CA
California Substance Abuse & Addiction Treatment
Our most intensely structured option for addiction treatment is Residential Treatment. Residential clients reside at our flagship house, Bishop Gooden Home, on El Molino Avenue. Clients who choose our residential treatment facility are engaged throughout the day, every day, with groups and activities, individual counseling, recreation and reflection. Most evenings are reserved for attending outside 12-step meetings. Through addiction educational groups, individual counseling, and process groups, the Residential Treatment client learns about the disease of chemical dependency.
During drug or alcohol rehab in Pasadena, our client learns skills to enhance coping mechanisms, strengthen impulse control, and improve communication abilities. The client also learns alternative ways of dealing with relapse triggers and emotional and spiritual barriers. Length of stay in our Residential Treatment program is typically 30 to 60 days. Clients most appropriate for our residential drug treatment center are:
- Those who have failed in an outpatient rehabilitation center for either drug abuse treatment or alcoholism treatment and require more structure.
- Those needing drug and alcohol rehab after medical detoxification.
- Those who have a history of chronic drug or alcohol relapse in spite of previous treatment.
- Patients leaving a primary inpatient treatment program outside the area and need 24/7 support to stabilize in a new environment.
- Clients who are entering treatment for the first time and satisfy the criteria for residential treatment.
Groups, classes and activities keep our clients engaged for between 4 and 6 hours a day. There is plenty of time in the evening for reflection and joining other clients for an outside A.A. or other 12-step meeting in the community. In addition to a low client to staff ratio, Gooden Center alumni enjoy meeting and supporting the clients seeking California substance abuse treatment. Our alumni are one of the elements that makes The Gooden Center a great place to begin the journey to lasting sobriety and continuous recovery. Many of our alumni speak of their experience with us as "the opportunity of a lifetime".
Typical Schedule in Residential Treatment:
|8:15||Morning Meditation Group (45 mins.)|
|9:30||Healthy Living Group, Physical Exercise (90 mins.)|
|11:00||Housekeeping chores (30 mins.)|
|1:30||Process Groups (90 mins.)|
|3:30||Addiction Education Group (90 mins.)|
|7:30||Community 12-step meeting|
|10:00||Journaling/Reflection (30 mins.)|