CARF 2012 Survey Report
Pasadena Residential Drug Treatment Facility
Why should anyone care whether or not primary, outpatient, or residential drug treatment programs are accredited? Any organization such as The Gooden Center that receives approval from an outside accrediting body has conformed to hundreds of standards for providing superior quality care. The residential treatment facility must also meet additional standards for health and safety, corporate compliance, governance and business practices. In 2010 CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (www.carf.org) awarded The Gooden Center, a Pasadena recovery center, its highest rating: a three-year accreditation.
Why CARF Accreditation Matters
CARF is an independent, not-for-profit accrediting body whose mission is to promote the quality, value, and optimal outcomes of services of drug treatment facilities through a consultative accreditation process that centers on enhancing the lives of the persons served. Founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and now known as CARF, the accrediting body establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services. The Gooden Center has been accredited by CARF for a period of three years for the following programs:
- Community Housing: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Day Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Residential Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
The Gooden Center is licensed by the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs to provide alcohol and drug addiction treatment in California. Many of our professional staff are licensed or certified or in allegiance with professional organizations.
CARF standards insure an organization adheres to best practice standards for treatment program and business practices. In the same way many of our staff adhere the standards of these professional organizations:
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) www.bbs.ca.gov
- American College of Addiction Treatment Administrators (ARCATA) www.naatp.org
- California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) www.caadac.org
- California Association for Alcohol and Drug Educators (CAADE) www.caade.org
- Association of Fundraising Professionals www.afp.org